Dell XPS is a series of Ultrabooks with flip-hinge design. There are many designs and different sized laptops available in Dell XPS. You can use some laptops of this series as a tablet and as mini laptop as its design is crafted from elegant passion. Designed with construction cut aluminum and polycarbonate fiber, the XPS series possess maximum strength and less weight. The Gorilla glass used for the display remains scratch proof and resists damages from drops bumps etc. You can enjoy full HD display at 170 degrees viewing angle i.e. you can experience clear and crisp display at any position. The XPS series operates on new Windows 8 Operating System and you can enjoy ultimate touch based functionality without compromising the PC functionality. Other advanced features like Bluetooth, High end Graphics, mammoth battery etc. are some additional advantages in the XPS series.
Related: How to hard reset Sony Xperia C
There are so many ways to reset this XPS series to its factory settings. Only two methods are quite popular to change your laptop to its factory settings. The first method is resetting using Booting Menu and second one is using Dell Restoration System. These methods are so simple that even a layman without any technical or coding knowledge can also practice them easily. Any type of reset will remove all the data present and it is always a better choice to take back-up of all the important files before proceeding for resetting of your Dell XPS. Make sure that the power supply is uninterrupted during the resetting process and you need to update all the software’s required after finishing the resetting process.
Resetting the XPS using Booting Menu:-
- Restart or Start your computer.
- Press F8 before Windows operating system starts (If you miss this you will have to go to step 1 once again) and a booting menu will appear.
- Use arrow buttons and Enter to select Advanced Boot Options and then select Repair.
- Select Language and Administrative Credentials and Log in as Administrator.
- Select Dell Factory Image Restore and click Next.
- Select Yes and check the box showing “Reformat Hard Drive and Restore System Software to Factory Condition”.
- Click Next. This will initiate the resetting process and after some time your XPS will restart automatically.
- When the notification says “Restoration completed” press next and the laptop will be seen as the first time as it was received.
Resetting the XPS using Dell CD/DVD:-
- Go to Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Back Up and Restore Centre.
- Click BackUp files button and fill the administrative credentials and click Continue.
- After creating the BackUp remove the peripherals like Printer, scanner and other devices that are connected to your XPS.
- Put the Media Drive that you got along with the XPS and restart the system.
- You will be asked whether to boot from the Media Drive or just repair the XPS.
- Select the booting option and Press Enter to confirm your action.
- This will initiate the resetting process and after some time your XPS will get restarted with default factory settings.
These are the ways to reset a Dell XPS laptop. If you are having any problems, then comment below and we’ll be there to help you.
- dell xps 12 hard reset
- dell xps hard reset
- factory reset dell xps
- factory reset dell ultrabook
- dell 9250 초기화
- dell xps13 reset
- dell xps reboot
- dell xps 13 reset button
- dell xps p54g hard reset
- dell xps laptop