Leadership has nothing to deal with seniority and one’s position in the hierarchy of a company; Leadership has nothing to do with big titles; Leadership has nothing to do with individual attributes but to sum up leadership is a process of social inspiration, which take advantage of the efforts of others, on the way to the achievement of a goal.
Leadership has many advantages because we live by working hard to achieve the goals we have set ahead in life hence combination of efforts is of much significance. Leadership is an important function of organization which helps to make the most of efficiency as well as to achieve organizational goals. The following points clearly justifies the significance of leadership in a concerned business organization of my choice
- Initiates action- being a leader involves beginning of the work by making clear communication to those you are leading by analyzing the plans and the rule and regulation which will govern the operations. In other words the leader comes with the first ideas.
- Motivation- the leader motivates the employees with economic as well as non-economic rewards and in that way gets the work from the subordinates is done well and nicely. Motivation is better than big salaries because it is essential. Hence a leader proves to be playing an enticement role in the concerned work.
- Providing guidance- a good and enlightened leader has to not only supervise but also play a guiding role for the subordinate workers because he has the master piece of the work’s regulations and rule. Guidance in this case means instructing the subordinates the way they have to perform their work successfully as well as efficiently.
- Creating confidence- creating Confidence at work is an important factor which can be achieved only through expressing the work determinations to the subordinates, making explanations to them clearly about their role as well as giving guidelines to attain the goals successfully. It is of significance to have confident when hearing the employee’s complaints as well as their problems with respect.
- Building morale- Morale is what drives employees to work even when the conditions are not demanding. It denotes as the willing co-operation of the employees towards their work as well as getting them into confidence besides winning their trust. Therefore leader can be a morale booster by attaining full co-operation so that workers perform the best of their abilities and experience as they work to achieve the set goals.
- Builds favorable work environment- the role of leader is getting things done from people. An efficient work environment helps in achieving the goals since it enhances stable growth as employees are willing to work and are obedient to their leader. Hence, human relations should be kept into mind by a leader at all cost no matter the situation. In addition he should have personal contacts with employees and must listen to their problems then solve them professionally. He should not forget to treat employees on humanitarian proved terms.
- Co-ordination- a leader can achieve Co-ordination through reconciling personal interests with organizational set goals. This management can be achieved through appropriate as well as effective co-ordination which should be primary object of a leader. Leadership without coordination unfruitful because achievement of goals need combination of even the small elements which seems unimportant.