Since the time when the news of Moto G hit the market it has been the people’s choice smartphone. After the launch of this phone earlier this year it has been a hit among the users.
The best budget phone has almost everything you want in a smartphone to meet your not too high daily demands. Now, as the phone is in the market so the users want to explore it more and more.
Here below I’m telling you the methods to hard reset the Moto G once you’re done with your experiments and want it as it was at the time of buying. There are many times when you need to reset your phone to factory settings. So, check out the methods below.
The Menu option
Like every other smartphone Moto G too has the factory reset option accessible from the menu. The following steps will guide you to factory reset your Moto G.
- All you need to do is go to the ‘Settings’ form the menu option.
- Then, find the ‘Backup and Reset’ option and click ‘Factory Data Reset’ in it.
- Now, just ‘Reset Phone’ and your phone will again in the same condition as it was at the time of purchasing.
One thing you must take care is when you hard reset your phone, then everything in it will be deleted permanently if you haven’t made a backup.
Related: How to hard reset Xperia Z Ultra
If your phone is hanged and you’re not able to access the menu for using the methods above, then you try the alternate method which has been described below.
Just makes sure one thing that for using this method your phone must have at least 50% battery life to avoid any drama in the middle of the process.
- Switch off your phone using the power button before pressing the ‘volume down’ key for 3-4 seconds and then press ‘power’ button before releasing the buttons.
- This will get you the ‘boot option’ on the display screen where you need to scroll to the ‘recovery’ option using ‘volume down’ key and then pressing ‘volume up’ for selecting the option.
- Now, hold the ‘volume up’ key for about 15 seconds and along with that press the ‘power key’.
- A blue screen will appear in from of you displaying the additional options. Again, use the ‘volume down’ key to go the ‘Factory Reset’ option and use ‘power’ key to select the option.
- Once the above step is done, then select ‘yes’ to delete all your data using ‘volume down’ key and for confirmation press the ‘power’ key.
- After the above step formatting will start and once it is complete, use ‘power’ key to start the ‘reboot’.
- After the ‘reboot’ your device will power up automatically and will in purchasing condition with not a single piece of change you made to it.
So, these are the two methods of resetting your Moto G to factory settings. If you are having any problems in performing this task, simply comment below and we’ll be there to help you. Share this article if you find it useful.Latest Trends:
- moto g soft reset
- soft reset moto g
- how to soft reset moto g
- How do you reset a Moto G phone?
- How to do a hard reset on a motorola xt1045
- how to format moto g3 with sceenshot